home shop about xx
Imperfection
Friday 14 December 2012 @ 23:51 | 0 notes










Snapshots from a project that I'm currently working on

These snaps may not seem like much, but they are a result of many days of hard work. The early mornings, which are especially difficult for me because I am absolutely not a morning person, where I'd spend hours in the front yard taking test shots and figuring out if the lighting for that particular day is good enough, the time spent figuring out ways to photograph the products in order to bring them to life, the body aches I had after a long day spent in awkward positions trying to get the perfect angle in order to get good shots. But even after these long tiring days, when I look at these photos, I'm happy. These photographs, they aren't the best, there are probably a whole list of things that I could have done better, but I'm still happy. Some people look at my work and ask me if it was all worth it while others scoff at it and say it doesn't look like it took much effort, but irregardless of what they say, I'm still happy.

I'm happy because these are the fruits of my labor, the work of my hands and I take pride in them, no matter how flawed they may be. It's a beautiful thing to see the beauty in flaws and be able to embrace them. As in this world, so often at times, we chase after perfection only to realize that there is no such thing as the idea of perfection in itself is imperfect.

These photos are my pride and joy because there's beauty in imperfection.

For those who have been so supportive of me and giving me positive feedback on the photos and suggestions on how I can improve, I thank all of you immensely for the love and support! ♥


There is beauty in the brokenness .x

Labels: , , ,


The Blogger

Cheryl L.
Fashion x Photography x Travel
& everything else under the sun

To infinity and beyond ∞


Website: Tumblr Twitter




Adverts




Archives

Beginnings



archives
· December 2012
· January 2013
· February 2013
· March 2013
· April 2013
· June 2013
· July 2013
· August 2013
· October 2013
· November 2013
· December 2013